If you’re fond of watching or listening to Fox Business News, you’ve probably heard this statement by Melissa Frances, “At the end of the day, it’s all about money.”  And if your priority in life is business, this is a truth you would embrace.  However, at Liberty Church, we’ve come to realize that real life is truly about God and His Word, and that a major consideration should be our hearts!  In actuality, at the end of the day, it’s all about your heart!

Why would I say that?  Well, our Master and Lord, Jesus Christ mentioned it more than once to his closest confidants, the disciples, even asking, “Are your hearts yet hardened?”  (Mark 8:17)   In Mark 4, we see Jesus teaching about the sower and the seed, explaining that the “seed” was the Word of God’s Kingdom.  He described 4 groups of people who heard truth and the result was that only 25% of the people hearing the message received it and were productive because of it.  You could say the other 75%  had heart problems.  We must have sensitive hearts to enjoy what God has to offer us, or as an old friend used to say, “See truth and walk in it.”

Visit the Hall of Faith in Hebrews 11 and notice the folks who changed history……….What they had in common was sensitive hearts; they cherished God’s Word above all else.  None of them were perfect but somehow they knew that at the end of the day, it’s really all about the heart!